Thursday, April 9, 2015

THOT

A co-worker left a note for other co-workers to see.  The note began in this way: "Don't be a THOT or a twat...." This phrase caused me to wonder two things. 1) Is it acceptable these days to leave notes to co-workers using words such as "THOT" - which is actually an acronym for "That 'Ho' Over There" - and "twat?" And 2) If "THOT" stands for "That 'Ho' Over There," is it correct to use the article "a" before it? Would that not be, essentially, "A That 'Ho' Over There?" Making the entire phrase read as follows: "Don't be a that 'ho' over there or a twat...."

I suppose if one is called a THOT or a twat, it really doesn't matter whether the article "a" is used or not.

Which lead me to my next question: am I a THOT?

I went to this sweet kid who works in the dish room and said, "Hey, you like me, right?"

"Yes," he replied.

"You would tell me the truth, right?"

"Yes, of course."

"Am I a THOT?"

The kid raised an eyebrow and cocked a crooked grin as he said, "No! How do you even know that word!?"  I explained to him that I didn't, that I'd needed to ask someone else what it meant.  When I first saw the note, I thought it read, "Don't be aT HOT." I needed help deciphering.  The sweet kid in the dish room - whom I call The Dish Room Ninja - assured me that I was not a THOT and that if anyone ever called me that, or anything like it, he would beat them up.

This made me feel a lot better.

A little bit later, the Dish Room Ninja came out to the area where I was working and said, "You know, I feel really protective of you right now.  If anyone ever messes with you in any way, you let me know.  I'll take care of them."

It's nice to know someone has my back in a world of THOTs and twats and unanswerable questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment